Police have closed a road in Whyteleafe due to faulty barriers at a level crossing.
Whytleafe Hill is shut in both directions after the barriers at the crossing between Hornchurch Hill and Godstone Road fell down.
Network Rail said it expected the road to remain closed until about 2pm while its engineers work on repairs.
Traffic is being diverted through Church Road and Salmons Lane.
Southern Rail some services between East Croydon and Caterham would be delayed while repair work was carried out.
- Relationship between police and nightlife venues 'has completely broken down'
- Croydon united: emerging singer Raye teams up with Stormzy on single Ambition
- Check out these 4 ingenious ways to ‘hide’ your TV
- 1 in 5 adult Londoners keep cash in a piggy bank - do you?
- CRYSTAL PALACE: Eagles fan Woody gets his face on the official FA Cup final ticket - is it a lucky omen?