Smoke alarm saves Ashburton family from washing machine blaze
A family’s smoke alarm saved their lives after their washing machine caught fire last night.
Beeping from the device woke them up at 11.30pm and they got out of their property in Long Lane, Ashburton, before firefighters arrived.
The crews were at the scene for about two hours and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Watch manager Danny Kelly, from Woodside fire station’s white watch, said: “The reason the family escaped and the damage wasn’t substantial was because of the smoke alarm as they were all asleep upstairs at the time.”
- Milkshake! television show coming to Fairfield Halls
- 'Our lives fell apart completely': Parents of Daniel Spargo-Mabbs tell court of devastation after drugs death
- Drug dealer who sold Daniel Sparg-Mabbs fatal ecstasy jailed for five years
- Vomit is key piece of evidence in violent thug's trial
- Nine projects shortlisted for Crystal Palace Park £2.4m improvements programme
Comments are closed on this article.