Smoke alarm saves Ashburton family from washing machine blaze
A family’s smoke alarm saved their lives after their washing machine caught fire last night.
Beeping from the device woke them up at 11.30pm and they got out of their property in Long Lane, Ashburton, before firefighters arrived.
The crews were at the scene for about two hours and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Watch manager Danny Kelly, from Woodside fire station’s white watch, said: “The reason the family escaped and the damage wasn’t substantial was because of the smoke alarm as they were all asleep upstairs at the time.”
- Death fall killer Valodia Tarasov has been captured - brother remains on the run
- Two arrested in cannabis raid
- Killers on the run - call 999 if you see Tarasov brothers
- Robber behind bars after 'appalling level of violence' against mum in the street
- Fifty Shades of Grey - watch the trailer
Comments are closed on this article.