Smoke alarm saves Ashburton family from washing machine blaze
A family’s smoke alarm saved their lives after their washing machine caught fire last night.
Beeping from the device woke them up at 11.30pm and they got out of their property in Long Lane, Ashburton, before firefighters arrived.
The crews were at the scene for about two hours and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Watch manager Danny Kelly, from Woodside fire station’s white watch, said: “The reason the family escaped and the damage wasn’t substantial was because of the smoke alarm as they were all asleep upstairs at the time.”
- Surrey train death man was from Coulsdon
- Serious questions raised over killer on the run
- Buses could be back after bridge reopens
- Former Welsh rugby international guilty of assault of glamour model at Dane Bowers home
- Olympic photographer and Queen speak for first time as he receives MBE
Comments are closed on this article.