A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- 'Racist' police sergeant ignored murder 700m away 'because she didn't know where it was'
- Bell End and Brown Willy named UK's rudest place names - but does anywhere here make the top 10?
- VIDEO: Croydon ‘gap yah’ comedian explores the brutal world of job hunting
- Eddie Izzard 'suffered homophobic abuse' from fellow Crystal Palace fan at FA Cup final
- PICTURED: New look for South London venue that hosted Adele’s first gig