A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Croydon youth urged to make their mark
- Burglary suspect arrested after near nine-hour stand-off with police
- Man charged with murdering young father in Thornton Heath
- Crystal Palace footballers, cheerleaders and strippers take on the ice bucket challenge
- General Medical Council scraps second inquiry into conduct of doctor who sent racist messages