Palace fan arrested in connection with Wayne Rooney coin throwing at Manchester United game at Selhurst Park
A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Men jailed over Rolex fraud
- Street performers to descend on the town
- Death fall killer Valodia Tarasov has been captured - brother remains on the run
- Two arrested in cannabis raid
- Killers on the run - call 999 if you see Tarasov brothers
Comments are closed on this article.