A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Croydon social services 'ignored' concerns about three-year-old boy who died under train in mother's arms
- M25 speed camera fines to help make Surrey’s roads safer, says police and crime commissioner
- Croydon veterans remember the Rhine Crossing - and Sutton veteran Johnny Johnson
- Welsh international rugby star Ian Gough cleared of assault at Dane Bowers's home - he says: "The truth is out there"
- Ruskin Square development halted after Roman ruins discovered