A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Dawn French bringing first solo tour to Croydon
- Firefighters called to 2am bin fires twice in two weeks
- Woman robbed by men who offered her lift in car
- Take a journey through history of the BBC in theatre show
- London Victoria services delayed due to earlier broken down train