A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway