A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Coulsdon man named as victim of fatal shooting at pool party in Surrey
- David Darko murder: Teenager jailed for minimum of 19 years for fatal stabbing in South Norwood park
- WATCH: Can you spot the crime? Video shows devious bank machine scam sweeping UK
- Trespassing on Croydon's railways doubles as police warn of 'deadly game'
- Ale Mary: Croydon Minster to revive medieval tradition of blessing beer