A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Argos says DO NOT use these car seats due to child safety fears
- Police appeal to help find woman missing for four days
- Croydon council to spend £9m extending agency staff contracts after offering redundancy to entire workforce
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- GLA elections: The candidates vying for votes in Croydon and Sutton