A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Exclusive: X Factor star in 80s car wash action
- Add a Banksy or a Damien Hirst artwork to your shopping list when gallery opens for business
- VIDEO: 'Slippery tracks' disrupt trains across south London in aftermath of Hurricane Gonzalo
- Hurricane Gonzalo not expected to devastate south London and Surrey
- Film festival organisers promise this year will be best ever