A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Burglars punch elderly man and gag wife during break-in
- Man found dead on Mitcham Common 'turned to alcohol over post-traumatic stress'
- Man charged with sexually assaulting boys at one of UK's top private schools
- Stormzy solo show sells out in four minutes
- Crystal Palace transfer day: After Mutch excitement Pardew confirms Ameobi deal