A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Father spared jail after crashing car and injuring children before assaulting ex-girlfriend
- These filthy restaurant pictures will put you off your dinner: The owner has to pay £24,122 for breaking food hygiene rules
- Croydon children told where they will be going to primary school
- Monks Hill Sports Centre is back in business and open for public use
- Lib Dem who opposed Sutton Council's incinerator plan suspended