A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Discover what life was like in Croydon during Roman times
- Crystal Palace boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Fire fighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital
- VIDEO: Hundreds stage emotional protest over critically ill dad's care at Croydon University Hospital
- How do police tackle domestic violence in Croydon where there are at least eight attacks a day?