A young man was stabbed after a house party turned violent on Sunday night, according to neighbours.
Police and ambulances were called to Donald Road, Broad Green at 4.20am on Sunday after a group of young men were seen fighting on the junction between Canterbury Road and Donald Road.
A nearby resident said: "A rowdy noise woke me up and I saw a group of boys. They were just below my gate and they all walked up fast to the end of the road."
A 21-year-old man was taken to a south London hospital with stab wounds and is said to be in a stable condition.
A woman who has lived her entire life on Donald Road said: "On the whole it’s safe. We do not get crime down here."
Croydon Police are investigating. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should contact Detective Sergeant Ewan Robertson on 0208 247 4554 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- It's the 100th birthday today of a lady who yearns to keep a chicken in her care home like the old times
- Croydon choristers singing their way to Rugby World Cup role
- Croydon cycling: Olympic champions including Team Wiggins set to race through town
- Serial con artist spared jail for 37 frauds - including scamming former prisoner of war out of thousands
- PICTURES: Arts quarter gets fresh spray of paint as gallery and shop opens