A young man was stabbed after a house party turned violent on Sunday night, according to neighbours.
Police and ambulances were called to Donald Road, Broad Green at 4.20am on Sunday after a group of young men were seen fighting on the junction between Canterbury Road and Donald Road.
A nearby resident said: "A rowdy noise woke me up and I saw a group of boys. They were just below my gate and they all walked up fast to the end of the road."
A 21-year-old man was taken to a south London hospital with stab wounds and is said to be in a stable condition.
A woman who has lived her entire life on Donald Road said: "On the whole it’s safe. We do not get crime down here."
Croydon Police are investigating. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should contact Detective Sergeant Ewan Robertson on 0208 247 4554 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- General Election campaigning suspended after deadly terror attack in Manchester
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- Brad Pitt filmed his latest blockbuster War Machine in Croydon
- Prime Minister praises Manchester's spirit as she condemns 'callous terrorist attack' at Ariana Grande concert
- This is how to mark yourself safe following the terror attack at Manchester arena