A former council candidate filmed men urinating in Centrale shopping centre's toilets for sexual pleasure.
David Christison, who stood for Labour in Waddon in 2010 election, secretly videoed and photographed men least 30 times between 2010 and last year.
The 44-year-old, of Dunheved Road South, Thornton Heath, pleaded guilty to two counts of observing a person doing a private act at Croydon Magistrates' Court today.
Christison was caught in April 2013 after a member of the public reported him behaving suspiciously to a Centrale security guard.
Staff called the police, who inspected Christison's mobile phone and found a video of a man urinating in a urinal.
Officers who searched Christison's home found laptops with 29 similar videos dating back to 2011.
He was bailed to return to Croydon Magistrates' Court on March 20 for sentencing. His bail conditions stipulate he cannot Centrale's toilets.
Christison took Croydon Council to court after losing the May 2010 election by fewer than 500 votes.
He complained poor organisation led to long queues at the Waddon polling station, leaving dozens of people unable to vote.
Christison gave up the High Court battle due to lack of funds.
- NBA All-star Luol Deng talks about inspiring kids and replacing LeBron James at Miami Heat
- Update: Disruption to train services across South West Trains network after faulty track
- Murder probe after man stabbed to death in Croydon
- Council spends £1,500 on 'Don't Mess with Croydon' t-shirts - and sells just 29
- Commercial Feature: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan