A new 180,000 square foot office development has opened in the town centre.
Interchange, situated in Wellesley Road, is the first new grade A office development of its size to open in Croydon for more than 20 years.
The nine-storey building includes a glass atrium in the reception area, wi-fi, coffee bar, shower facilities, cycle rack and 400 car parking spaces.
On Friday there was a special opening ceremony which included various performances from gymnasts and musicians.
Performers at the opening event
Tom White, Director at Canmoor who is developing the scheme, said they were delighted to be part of Croydon during an exciting time which includes the Hammerson and Westfield redevelopment of the town centre.
He said: “We are very proud of this development, which transforms a landmark, but out-of-date, office building into a state of the art workplace to meet the demands of the modern day occupier.
“Interchange provides businesses, of all shapes and sizes, the opportunity to occupy a stunning headquarters building of exceptional quality for a fraction of the cost of London, the South East and even Thames Valley.
"The building really does represent unbeatable value.
“We demonstrated our commitment and confidence in the town to deliver this building now, and we believe our investment in Croydon is very much a case of right time, right place.
"We are confident occupiers will share this view, and early interest in the building ahead of its completion has been encouraging.”
For more information visit interchangecroydon.co.uk.
Impressive skills from performers at the opening event
The Interchange building
- Roller Derby girls gear up for next big test
- Police concern over missing Whyteleafe man who has not been seen since his car was spotted on M25 10 days ago
- Marcus Campbell: Family fighting to transfer critically ill father away from Croydon University Hospital
- Burglar who raided Crystal Palace football stadium, schools and restaurants jailed for two years
- Interview: Pop Idol Gareth Gates gets ready for panto