A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- Rooftop standoff: Burglary suspect on roof throwing tiles at police
- General Medical Council scraps second inquiry into conduct of doctor who sent racist messages
- Prolific burglar jailed after racking up a £700,000 haul in just four years
- Man arrested over the murder of Adrian Young
- Croydon police launches anti-crime poster campaign