A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- Extended plans for £1bn shopping centre submitted for council approval
- London councils to make tough calls on services due to £2bn funding shortfall
- 'No veneer in 'ere': Oh yes there is, says watchdog, as TV advert is banned
- Crystal Palace player pays tribute to 'very good friend' shot dead in Broad Green
- UPDATE: Missing 16-year-old girl found