'Bit silly really': Fire Brigade called after man leaves taps running Davidson Road, Addiscombe
A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- Croydon has a lot of health challenges, doc says
- Double shooting attempted murder suspect to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Cops wearing cameras 'to improve evidence'
- Knife crime and domestic violence are key priorities for Croydon's new borough commander
- Council criticised for failing to take action at danger junction
Comments are closed on this article.