A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- Teen charged in connection with stabbing outside Croydon College
- Man jailed for 15 years for firearm offences
- New electric black cabs to hit London's streets this year
- New quid on the block: Round pounds on way out with new coin arriving tomorrow
- Car tax rules are changing this week and you could be paying more: Here's what you need to know