A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Queenstown Road station
- A man who died under police restraint could have been saved, a jury has been told
- A £10k reward is being put up to catch the Croydon Cat Killer
- A new primary school building for 630 children has been approved in Thornton Heath
- What an Inspector ‘took home' in just one week shows how tough it is to be a police officer in south London