A burst water pipe next to Croydon University Hospital is set to cause disruption throughout the weekend.
A section of London Road has been closed and temporary traffic lights are in place while Thames Water engineers work to fix the problem, which may take until Sunday.
Buses are not currently calling at the stop next to the hospital.
A spokesman for Croydon Health Services NHS Trust: "We advise our patients and staff to plan their journeys to and from the hospital carefully as traffic congestion in the area may cause delays."
- Council bosses call on the Chancellor to give Croydon more powers
- Man charged over Thornton Heath murder
- Mental health staff 'missed chances' to save mum killed by train
- Murder investigation launched in Thornton Heath after man 'tried to dump body in Thames' - two arrested
- High Court judge refuses Beddington incinerator campaigner permission to appeal