A burst water pipe next to Croydon University Hospital is set to cause disruption throughout the weekend.
A section of London Road has been closed and temporary traffic lights are in place while Thames Water engineers work to fix the problem, which may take until Sunday.
Buses are not currently calling at the stop next to the hospital.
A spokesman for Croydon Health Services NHS Trust: "We advise our patients and staff to plan their journeys to and from the hospital carefully as traffic congestion in the area may cause delays."
- How to get 18 days off work next year - but only book 9 days' holiday
- Council proposes £15m investment to tackle homelessness
- Relationship between Viridor and Sutton Lib Dems questioned again after councillor appointed to waste giant’s charity arm
- Burglar attempted to rob shop armed with knife and stole from charity shops in Addiscombe
- Southern launches in-court bid to block drivers' strikes caused by dispute over driver-only trains