A burst water pipe next to Croydon University Hospital is set to cause disruption throughout the weekend.
A section of London Road has been closed and temporary traffic lights are in place while Thames Water engineers work to fix the problem, which may take until Sunday.
Buses are not currently calling at the stop next to the hospital.
A spokesman for Croydon Health Services NHS Trust: "We advise our patients and staff to plan their journeys to and from the hospital carefully as traffic congestion in the area may cause delays."
- Thousands of children at schools across south London breathing dangerous toxic air
- Transport Secretary Chris Grayling warns Londoners to think twice about buying diesel cars
- Whose land is it anyway? Anger over 'filthy' fly tipping in conservation area that no one takes responsibility for
- Croydon NHS Trust removed from financial special measures but remains £30 million in the red
- IN PICTURES: Thornton Heath grime star Stormzy's impromptu gig this lunchtime