A burst water pipe next to Croydon University Hospital is set to cause disruption throughout the weekend.
A section of London Road has been closed and temporary traffic lights are in place while Thames Water engineers work to fix the problem, which may take until Sunday.
Buses are not currently calling at the stop next to the hospital.
A spokesman for Croydon Health Services NHS Trust: "We advise our patients and staff to plan their journeys to and from the hospital carefully as traffic congestion in the area may cause delays."
- Scrap metal dealer guilty of buying memorial plaques stolen from cemeteries
- Second primary school under investigation over exam 'cheating'
- VIDEO: Fury as prankster on toddler's bicycle holds up traffic
- Help is at hand for domestic violence victims
- Newsagent in New Addington robbed at knifepoint as staff collect newspaper bundles