A burst water pipe next to Croydon University Hospital is set to cause disruption throughout the weekend.
A section of London Road has been closed and temporary traffic lights are in place while Thames Water engineers work to fix the problem, which may take until Sunday.
Buses are not currently calling at the stop next to the hospital.
A spokesman for Croydon Health Services NHS Trust: "We advise our patients and staff to plan their journeys to and from the hospital carefully as traffic congestion in the area may cause delays."
- 'Fake Sheikh' reporter jailed for 15 months for tampering with evidence in pop star's trial
- Property developer who claimed to be 'nothing to do with' controversial housing project is still shareholder
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes
- Police's Halloween and Bonfire Night crime crackdown begins with warning to yobs
- Extended plans for £1bn shopping centre submitted for council approval