Police are searching for two conmen who tricked a flood victim out of £17,000.
He was convinced by the suspects to pay £17,000 into a bank account for what they claimed were costs to drainage works to be carried out due to recent flooding.
The bogus council officers accompanied the victim to the bank where he withdrew the money. He never saw them again.
Officers from Croydon CID are investigating and no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information should contact DC Matt Lee at Croydon CID on 020 3276 2264.
- Life sentences for thugs who beat father-of-two to death in community centre attack
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?
- Your guide to Halloween events across Croydon
- Send us your scariest Halloween pictures
- Street food revolution will move indoors when Surrey StrEatery launches with a bang