Police are searching for two conmen who tricked a flood victim out of £17,000.
He was convinced by the suspects to pay £17,000 into a bank account for what they claimed were costs to drainage works to be carried out due to recent flooding.
The bogus council officers accompanied the victim to the bank where he withdrew the money. He never saw them again.
Officers from Croydon CID are investigating and no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information should contact DC Matt Lee at Croydon CID on 020 3276 2264.
- Outdoor London for the kids: 5 things to try this summer
- Do you have what it takes? Fire cadets schemes running for teenagers in Mitcham and Croydon
- "Choose a life, not a knife": Met police cadets campaign posters to appear across London to tackle knife crime
- Appeal for witnesses after morning robbery in Boots, Addiscombe
- 8 things to look forward to in Croydon, Sutton and Epsom this bank holiday and half term