Police are searching for two conmen who tricked a flood victim out of £17,000.
He was convinced by the suspects to pay £17,000 into a bank account for what they claimed were costs to drainage works to be carried out due to recent flooding.
The bogus council officers accompanied the victim to the bank where he withdrew the money. He never saw them again.
Officers from Croydon CID are investigating and no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information should contact DC Matt Lee at Croydon CID on 020 3276 2264.
- Weather warning blow to bank holiday weekend plans
- Croydon Poundworld had ‘out of control’ rodent infestation
- Here's how to get a free ride on the Tube next week
- Murder investigation launched after woman stabbed to death in street
- A six foot snake has been discovered in a Croydon alleyway