Purley flood victim conned out of £17,000 by bogus Croydon Council workers
Police are searching for two conmen who tricked a flood victim out of £17,000.
He was convinced by the suspects to pay £17,000 into a bank account for what they claimed were costs to drainage works to be carried out due to recent flooding.
The bogus council officers accompanied the victim to the bank where he withdrew the money. He never saw them again.
Officers from Croydon CID are investigating and no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information should contact DC Matt Lee at Croydon CID on 020 3276 2264.
- Serious questions raised over killer on the run
- Buses could be back after bridge reopens
- Former Welsh rugby international guilty of assault of glamour model at Dane Bowers home
- Olympic photographer and Queen speak for first time as he receives MBE
- Captain Sensible's seat is pride of South Norwood
Comments are closed on this article.