Police are searching for two conmen who tricked a flood victim out of £17,000.
He was convinced by the suspects to pay £17,000 into a bank account for what they claimed were costs to drainage works to be carried out due to recent flooding.
The bogus council officers accompanied the victim to the bank where he withdrew the money. He never saw them again.
Officers from Croydon CID are investigating and no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information should contact DC Matt Lee at Croydon CID on 020 3276 2264.
- Retired fireman facing trial for bludgeoning adopted son to death as friends pay tribute to 'genuine, happy guy'
- LIVE: Future of borough discussed at Develop Croydon summit
- Family of Robbie Hughes complain to Met Police after officers start business with thug who attacked him
- Croydon mentoring programme trying to get 300 young men into work
- 'High risk' Croydon GPs to be fast-tracked for inspection