Police are searching for two conmen who tricked a flood victim out of £17,000.
He was convinced by the suspects to pay £17,000 into a bank account for what they claimed were costs to drainage works to be carried out due to recent flooding.
The bogus council officers accompanied the victim to the bank where he withdrew the money. He never saw them again.
Officers from Croydon CID are investigating and no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information should contact DC Matt Lee at Croydon CID on 020 3276 2264.
- Violent robbers who pinned a man to the floor before stealing his bank card are jailed
- VIDEO: Crystal Palace cheerleader gives insight into life and The Crystals in Londoners film project
- Volunteers help clear 40 bags of rubbish from Norbury alleyway
- Cerebral palsy sufferer going for the chop to help friend raise £80,000 for life changing operation
- 'Dangerous' tram network under review in wake of coroner's warnings over death of cyclist