Police are searching for two conmen who tricked a flood victim out of £17,000.
He was convinced by the suspects to pay £17,000 into a bank account for what they claimed were costs to drainage works to be carried out due to recent flooding.
The bogus council officers accompanied the victim to the bank where he withdrew the money. He never saw them again.
Officers from Croydon CID are investigating and no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information should contact DC Matt Lee at Croydon CID on 020 3276 2264.
- Man stripped naked and kicked to death in alleyway after trying to chat up one of his attackers, court hears
- Primary school plummets from 'outstanding' to 'inadequate' in four years
- Cousin of murdered Fico Dougan invites ex-gang members to share their stories
- Council to axe 500 jobs amid £93m funding shortfall
- Teenager to release single to raise money for ecstasy death friend's charity