Proving lunch with your neighbours can take place anywhere, a Big Lunch took place on the stairs of Croydon Town Hall.
The mayor of Croydon Councillor Yvette Hopley shared food and fun with organisers of the UK’s biggest annual neighbourly get together to encourage people to get involved.
She hopes streets across the borough will take part on June 1.
Mayor Hopley said: “Last year’s Big Lunch celebrations really highlighted how much the people of Croydon enjoyed spending time together and how this initiative can really help to benefit and build community spirit.
“I am delighted to lend my support to the Big Lunch and hope we will inspire people across Croydon to get to know those around them and take part.”
Go to thebiglunch.com for more information about how to get involved.
- 'Government must wake up to ticking time bomb', Croydon Council leader says
- Mad science with Albert Einstein
- Blue plaque for playwright RF Delderfield
- Met Police 'must improve' illegal rave handling, finds review
- Trio jailed over brawl at Tim Westwood gig that led to nightclub shutting down