Proving lunch with your neighbours can take place anywhere, a Big Lunch took place on the stairs of Croydon Town Hall.
The mayor of Croydon Councillor Yvette Hopley shared food and fun with organisers of the UK’s biggest annual neighbourly get together to encourage people to get involved.
She hopes streets across the borough will take part on June 1.
Mayor Hopley said: “Last year’s Big Lunch celebrations really highlighted how much the people of Croydon enjoyed spending time together and how this initiative can really help to benefit and build community spirit.
“I am delighted to lend my support to the Big Lunch and hope we will inspire people across Croydon to get to know those around them and take part.”
Go to thebiglunch.com for more information about how to get involved.
- More strikes planned as talks between Southern and the RMT collapse over future of conductor roles
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- Croydon Central MP Gavin Barwell said to be under investigation by police after claims he broke election spending laws
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- Bank Holiday engineering work to be "least disruptive" of recent years as National Rail warn passengers to check before travel