Proving lunch with your neighbours can take place anywhere, a Big Lunch took place on the stairs of Croydon Town Hall.
The mayor of Croydon Councillor Yvette Hopley shared food and fun with organisers of the UK’s biggest annual neighbourly get together to encourage people to get involved.
She hopes streets across the borough will take part on June 1.
Mayor Hopley said: “Last year’s Big Lunch celebrations really highlighted how much the people of Croydon enjoyed spending time together and how this initiative can really help to benefit and build community spirit.
“I am delighted to lend my support to the Big Lunch and hope we will inspire people across Croydon to get to know those around them and take part.”
Go to thebiglunch.com for more information about how to get involved.
- NHS workers out on strike again over 'fair pay'
- Eight-year-old schoolgirl donates her pocket money to replace a stolen poppy appeal tin
- HIV testing bus touring Croydon to spread health message
- Council bosses call on the Chancellor to give Croydon more powers
- Man charged over Thornton Heath murder