Councillor Mike Fisher toured the area to hand out cheques for £1,000 to small businesses which were flooded or suffered a severe drop in trade.
The money is in addition to a three month business rate relief.
And the council also said there will be a three month council tax exemption for every home that has had to evacuate.
Coun Fisher said: “I want to re-extend my sympathy to those people who will be spending the coming few months getting their homes and businesses back in order.
“Hopefully the financial assistance we are able to offer will go some way to helping with this work.”
- Untrained receptionists are making decisions about patient care at Croydon GPs, report finds
- Illegal racers and stunt bikers could face jail after High Court backs clampdown on Croydon cruise
- Retired headteacher appeals conviction for having sex with 14-year-old boy
- Recycle, reuse and repair: free autumn events aimed at reducing landfill waste coming to a town centre near you
- Child sex abuse inquiry 'will not work in current form,' say victims from Croydon care home