Councillor Mike Fisher toured the area to hand out cheques for £1,000 to small businesses which were flooded or suffered a severe drop in trade.
The money is in addition to a three month business rate relief.
And the council also said there will be a three month council tax exemption for every home that has had to evacuate.
Coun Fisher said: “I want to re-extend my sympathy to those people who will be spending the coming few months getting their homes and businesses back in order.
“Hopefully the financial assistance we are able to offer will go some way to helping with this work.”
- 'Vote yes and join the fun', newly independent People's Republic of South Norwood tells Scotland
- Trading standards launches crackdown on con-artist palm readers and fortune tellers
- Are these pictures of a couple and their two young daughters in Egypt your stolen holiday snaps?
- Have your say on Scotland: Should they stay or go?
- Man stripped naked and kicked to death in alleyway after trying to chat up one of his attackers, court hears