Councillor Mike Fisher toured the area to hand out cheques for £1,000 to small businesses which were flooded or suffered a severe drop in trade.
The money is in addition to a three month business rate relief.
And the council also said there will be a three month council tax exemption for every home that has had to evacuate.
Coun Fisher said: “I want to re-extend my sympathy to those people who will be spending the coming few months getting their homes and businesses back in order.
“Hopefully the financial assistance we are able to offer will go some way to helping with this work.”
- STRIKES: Southern rail, Waterloo & City and Central line facing disruption this week
- Row worsens between Southern and its staff over "bullying" letter ahead of strike
- Dog's death from licking toxic bread mould sparks warning to pet owners and parents
- Police investigating cash machine explosion at petrol station
- The best Kodi add-ons you CAN use without breaking copyright laws