Councillor Mike Fisher toured the area to hand out cheques for £1,000 to small businesses which were flooded or suffered a severe drop in trade.
The money is in addition to a three month business rate relief.
And the council also said there will be a three month council tax exemption for every home that has had to evacuate.
Coun Fisher said: “I want to re-extend my sympathy to those people who will be spending the coming few months getting their homes and businesses back in order.
“Hopefully the financial assistance we are able to offer will go some way to helping with this work.”
- Torrents of sewage 'traps' people in Coulsdon with smell so bad 'they can hardly breathe'
- Fire rips through storage area of New Addington supermarket
- Quick-thinking bank cashier saves pensioner from being conned out of life's savings
- Bright and sunny day ahead with warm weather set to continue throughout the week
- MP Gavin Barwell denies breaking campaign spending laws as Met launches expenses probe