The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Thousands of children at schools across south London breathing dangerous toxic air
- Transport Secretary Chris Grayling warns Londoners to think twice about buying diesel cars
- Whose land is it anyway? Anger over 'filthy' fly tipping in conservation area that no one takes responsibility for
- Croydon NHS Trust removed from financial special measures but remains £30 million in the red
- IN PICTURES: Thornton Heath grime star Stormzy's impromptu gig this lunchtime