The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- VIDEO: Large fire breaks out at tower in Croydon town centre
- Ed Miliband promises votes for teenagers and to address racial inequality if he wins election
- Discover what life was like in Croydon during Roman times
- Crystal Palace boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Firefighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital