The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Pregnant woman subjected to 'threatening and disgusting abuse' on Southern train
- UPDATE: Man critically injured in Thornton Heath attempted murder stabbing
- Single machine blamed for 96% of gambling addicts' major losses
- Man dies in hospital after crashing car into a tree
- Croydon Tramlink suspended after early morning house fire - lines now re-opened