The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Severe weather warning issued for London
- Murder arrest: Man in custody on suspicion of shooting Akeem Moore in Croydon
- CCTV image released after man 'touched himself inappropriately' in front of female passengers on Croydon train
- Speeding laws are changing - and the punishments are about to get tougher
- Toxic air warnings issued across south London as pollution levels hit 'red alert' once again