The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- 'Residents be damned' - Croydon Council pushes 1,000-home development plan despite mounting pressure
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Bridge joint replacement to close M25 between Chertsey and Cobham next weekend
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers