The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Cyclist rushed to hospital after crash
- Man knocked unconscious in 'assault on security guard' in Croydon town centre
- 'Fake Sheikh' reporter wanted to be 'swashbuckling hero' in Tulisa trial, court hears
- 'They think we are terrorists, they think we are evil': How the Turkish military coup changed the lives of a Croydon community
- New Addington man behind famous Christmas lights accused of further child sex offences and pornography charges