The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Thornton Heath man cleared of murder over 'senseless' Dagenham stabbing
- Blind cheek: getaway driver who feigned sight loss to trick jury found guilty of shotgun shooting
- Considerably richer than you: the south London and Surrey links of Britain's millionaires
- After depression awareness week, what are the top 10 signs you need to watch out for?
- The RNLI save lives on the Thames time and again. Now its your turn to help them