The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Burglar who raided Crystal Palace football stadium, schools and restaurants jailed for two years
- UK Border Agency building in Croydon evacuated over 'suspicious package'
- Zone 4 Croydon: Conservative politicians pushing Boris Johnson to support Zone 4 campaign
- Find out where and when you can park for a pound this Christmas
- Croydon Minister organist, 83, to release album