The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- The Apprentice final showdown with Croydon's Bianca Miller hoping for £250,000 tights investment
- Elderly man hit by car in Caterham
- Crystal Palace FC urged to 'think again' over charging children to be mascots
- Council services for Christmas
- Police constables who failed to find wife's brutal killing cleared of gross incompetence