The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Social housing tenants could be required to live in Croydon for three years before getting on waiting list
- Croydon's health services 'need fairer funding deal'
- Private developer takes over plans to build 500 homes on former council HQ site
- Man jailed for raping Thornton Heath mum as her kids slept in the next room
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?