The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- New housing campaign calls on homeowners to provide shelter for the homeless
- Croydon cat killer 'knee dropping' helpless victims to death
- Croydon students buck national trend with 'impressive' GSCE results
- Former Croydon headteacher facing jail after being found guilty of sexual activity with 14-year-old boy
- Lorry crashes into bus outside East Croydon station