The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Man charged with raping woman in Croydon town centre
- Police sergeant accused of failing to respond to murder 'lied about investigations and tried to silence colleagues'
- Croydon to lose five 'underused' police bases as Met slashes costs
- McDonald's in Thornton Heath introduces table service
- Man to appear in court charged with exposing himself and racially abusing a police officer