The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Lorry driver arrested after death of cyclist, 25, in Croydon
- 'Grave concerns' for boy missing with mother for a year as High Court judge issues appeal
- 'Complete and utter shambles': Tories slam Croydon Council's waste policies after 'frustrated' drivers stuck in queues for recycling centres
- Truly stunning - 24 of Tim Peake's most amazing photos from space
- Woman "punched in the face" and robbed of gold necklace in Croydon street