A magician had a fierier walk home than he was expecting when this car caught fire in Purley this afternoon.
Jack Taperell took this picture of the Seat Ibiza which had burst into flames outside a home in Purley Road at about 2.40pm.
Firefighters arrived at the scene about 20 seconds after the photograph was taken and tackled the fire which had started in the engine compartment.
A crew from Croydon fire station spent about 30 minutes dealing with the incident.
The car is now believed to be a write-off.
- Live: London elections 2016 - Countdown to London Mayor election result
- Conservatives hold Croydon and Sutton GLA seat with increased majority
- Fancy a move? These guys have a spare room in their luxury London penthouse...for free!
- Minister jailed for six years for spanking parishioners for sexual pleasure and claiming he was 'releasing evil spirits'
- South Croydon nursery forced to close after child suffers serious burns