A magician had a fierier walk home than he was expecting when this car caught fire in Purley this afternoon.
Jack Taperell took this picture of the Seat Ibiza which had burst into flames outside a home in Purley Road at about 2.40pm.
Firefighters arrived at the scene about 20 seconds after the photograph was taken and tackled the fire which had started in the engine compartment.
A crew from Croydon fire station spent about 30 minutes dealing with the incident.
The car is now believed to be a write-off.
- Croydon Village Outlet evacuated over gas leak fears
- Man grabs woman from behind and drags her along footpath outside Crystal Palace station
- Croydon Village Outlet to be relaunched under new name and ownership
- Pride of the borough celebrated at Croydon Champions 2014
- Train catches fire at Epsom