A magician had a fierier walk home than he was expecting when this car caught fire in Purley this afternoon.
Jack Taperell took this picture of the Seat Ibiza which had burst into flames outside a home in Purley Road at about 2.40pm.
Firefighters arrived at the scene about 20 seconds after the photograph was taken and tackled the fire which had started in the engine compartment.
A crew from Croydon fire station spent about 30 minutes dealing with the incident.
The car is now believed to be a write-off.
- Health secretary urged to launch inquiry as tribunal rejects Croydon NHS trust's appeal over whisteblower's unfair sacking
- Star Wars collector sells rare figure for £18,000 - after buying it for just £1.50
- 'Massive bill' for Thames Water and another nightmare for south London commuters as leaks continue to pour into rail tunnel
- Elderly man seriously injured after being hit by lorry in Purley
- Man dies at Paddy Power betting shop