A magician had a fierier walk home than he was expecting when this car caught fire in Purley this afternoon.
Jack Taperell took this picture of the Seat Ibiza which had burst into flames outside a home in Purley Road at about 2.40pm.
Firefighters arrived at the scene about 20 seconds after the photograph was taken and tackled the fire which had started in the engine compartment.
A crew from Croydon fire station spent about 30 minutes dealing with the incident.
The car is now believed to be a write-off.
- New Addington man behind famous Christmas lights accused of further child sex offences and pornography charges
- Council to launch High Court legal action in bid to stop 'dangerous' Croydon Cruise
- PICTURES Terror alert - Fright Night at Thorpe Park for Halloween
- EXPLAINED: The new 105 phone number and what else you should do in a power cut
- Croydon man jailed for stealing and defrauding Charlton employer out of £260,000