A magician had a fierier walk home than he was expecting when this car caught fire in Purley this afternoon.
Jack Taperell took this picture of the Seat Ibiza which had burst into flames outside a home in Purley Road at about 2.40pm.
Firefighters arrived at the scene about 20 seconds after the photograph was taken and tackled the fire which had started in the engine compartment.
A crew from Croydon fire station spent about 30 minutes dealing with the incident.
The car is now believed to be a write-off.
- Murdered student's mother speaks of acquittal shock
- Teenager tried to abduct child from primary school for sexual abuse
- Girl with Down's Syndrome among vulnerable teenagers 'raped by three men'
- Four 14-year-olds arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after double stabbing in Crystal Palace
- Paedophile who offered victim £2 to take off her knickers guilty of rape