A magician had a fierier walk home than he was expecting when this car caught fire in Purley this afternoon.
Jack Taperell took this picture of the Seat Ibiza which had burst into flames outside a home in Purley Road at about 2.40pm.
Firefighters arrived at the scene about 20 seconds after the photograph was taken and tackled the fire which had started in the engine compartment.
A crew from Croydon fire station spent about 30 minutes dealing with the incident.
The car is now believed to be a write-off.
- Sprinkling of snow falls in south west London and north Surrey
- Concerns growing for missing teenager last seen in Sutton
- Burglars punch elderly man and gag wife during break-in
- Urgent appeal to find soldier missing since January 11
- Man found dead on Mitcham Common 'turned to alcohol over post-traumatic stress'