Demolition of Croydon Council’s former headquarters will start next month after councillors gave it the go ahead.
The 19-storey building Taberner House will be taken down one level at a time, until the demolition is completed at the start of next year.
As the 1960s office block is in the town centre, no explosives will be used.
Instead the building will first be cleared internally before demolition excavators are brought in.
They will break away all the way down to the ground floor until the demolition is complete.
Working hours will be 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm Saturday.
There will be no Saturday afternoon, Sunday or Bank Holiday working unless otherwise agreed with council officers prior to the works.
Go to croydon.gov.uk/tabernerhouse for more information on the demolition works.
- Exhibition features photos of stars from the stage
- Life sentences for thugs who beat father-of-two to death in community centre attack
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?
- Your guide to Halloween events across Croydon
- Send us your scariest Halloween pictures