A motorcyclist was flung 60ft away from his bike in a crash which left him with serious pelvic and leg injuries.
The man, who is believed to be in his 20s, was in collision with a car near the Dollond & Aitchison opticians in London Road, Thornton Heath, yesterday afternoon.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the scene near Croydon University Hospital at about 3.40pm.
After being treated at the roadside the biker was taken to Kings College Hospital by road ambulance.
- Police staff member jailed for child porn possession and theft from work
- PICTURES: Teasy does it! It's World Tea Day today - here are the best places for a cuppa
- Contoversial tower block divides residents in Purley as it is 'called in' by the Secretary of State
- Residents return home after firefighters evacuate street due to 'explosion fears'
- UPDATE: Police have found Emma Roarty, from Purley 'safe and well'