A motorcyclist was flung 60ft away from his bike in a crash which left him with serious pelvic and leg injuries.
The man, who is believed to be in his 20s, was in collision with a car near the Dollond & Aitchison opticians in London Road, Thornton Heath, yesterday afternoon.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the scene near Croydon University Hospital at about 3.40pm.
After being treated at the roadside the biker was taken to Kings College Hospital by road ambulance.
- Newsagent in New Addington robbed at knifepoint
- Thugs guilty of community centre murder after brutally attacking father-of-two sitting quietly at computer
- Kevin Costner films scenes for Hollywood blockbuster in family-run Croydon shop
- Flood fears after £3m restaurant quarter redevelopment works
- Trains disrupted after 'explosion' on tracks near East Croydon station