A motorcyclist was flung 60ft away from his bike in a crash which left him with serious pelvic and leg injuries.
The man, who is believed to be in his 20s, was in collision with a car near the Dollond & Aitchison opticians in London Road, Thornton Heath, yesterday afternoon.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the scene near Croydon University Hospital at about 3.40pm.
After being treated at the roadside the biker was taken to Kings College Hospital by road ambulance.
- Strip Southern of its franchise after strike-hit railway scores lowest in customer satisfaction, union says
- Man caught in possession of handguns and a revolver jailed
- Potholes could appear at 'unprecedented rate' in 2017: Send us photos of the current problems near you
- Council to consult with residents on plans to build 500 new homes on its former HQ
- Fresh police search for missing father Robert Gibson launched