A motorcyclist was flung 60ft away from his bike in a crash which left him with serious pelvic and leg injuries.
The man, who is believed to be in his 20s, was in collision with a car near the Dollond & Aitchison opticians in London Road, Thornton Heath, yesterday afternoon.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the scene near Croydon University Hospital at about 3.40pm.
After being treated at the roadside the biker was taken to Kings College Hospital by road ambulance.
- Four people, including police officer, killed as pedestrians are mowed down in Westminster terror attack
- Westminster terror attack as it happened: Four people dead after car hits pedestrians, police officer stabbed and attacker shot
- Westminster terror attack: Killed police officer named as Keith Palmer
- Prime Minister condemns ‘sick and depraved’ terrorist attack
- IN PICTURES: Terror at Houses of Parliament as knifeman kills police officer and mows down pedestrians