A pub popular with Crystal Palace fans has won its battle with the police over a bid to shut it down.
The Portmanor in Portland Road, South Norwood, had faced having its licence revoked after the police claimed it had "embraced" football hooligans.
But Croydon Council's licensing committee, in a meeting this morning, rejected an application by police to effectively shut the pub down.
Councillors also ruled the pub's landlord Geoff Charles should not be removed as designated premises supervisor but ordered it employ additional security staff.
Mr Charles, who had argued many of the police's grievances did not relate to the pub itself, said following the meeting he was "very pleased".
- Weather warning blow to bank holiday weekend plans
- Croydon Poundworld had ‘out of control’ rodent infestation
- Here's how to get a free ride on the Tube next week
- Murder investigation launched after woman stabbed to death in street
- A six foot snake has been discovered in a Croydon alleyway