Crystal Palace’s cheerleading group swapped their pom poms for sponges as they completed a charity car was at the weekend.
The Crystal Girls were given their cleaning equipment from Halfords’ Croydon store and they also had baked some cakes to sell on the day.
More than £500 was raised by the Crystals which will go towards two charities.
Beauty with a Purpose which supports disadvantaged children worldwide and The Dame Vera Lynn Trust which is a Surrey based charity for children with cerebral palsy.
Kim Fletcher (left) said she was delighted with the support the Crystals received on the day.
Cheerleader Kim Fletcher said: “We have been overwhelmed with the support with both online donations and event attendance.
“The car wash was so much fun and we would love to do another one in the summer when it’s a bit warmer.”
To donate go to uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KIMFLETCHER.
- Ale Mary: Croydon Minster to revive medieval tradition of blessing beer
- Govia Thameslink rail workers to ballot for industrial action over ticket office closure dispute
- British Transport Police warn London's young people about dangers of rail trespass amid summer spike
- Pete's Dragon (PG) review: Disney remake is an enjoyable, timeless adventure
- Teenager found guilty of murdering David Darko