Mystery surrounds how a man was ‘stabbed’ in the head in Croydon on Saturday morning and then was found five miles away in New Addington.
As these photos show he sustained serious injuries in the assault which police believe happened in Surrey Street some time between 2am and 6am that morning, after he left Reflex bar in the High Street.
The victim was discovered about five miles away in Central Parade, New Addington, by emergency services at about 6am and he was taken to hospital.
A Croydon police spokesman said it is believed his injuries may have been caused by a knife.
The man, who is in his early 30s, has since been discharged from hospital.
Detectives from Croydon CID are investigating the incident and enquiries continue. There have been no arrests.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Do you know the victim? Did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 020 8722 6353.
- SACKED: Racist police sergeant who 'deliberately ignored' reports of a fatal stabbing found guilty of misconduct
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Two companies likely to provide waste collection in four boroughs
- Croydon Council to 'urgently' look at road safety after death of cyclist
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra to bring spirit of the Proms to Croydon