VIDEO: Ronnie Corbett cuts turf at Hall Grange care home in Shirley to mark start of £500,000 fundraising appeal
Ronnie Corbett cracked some jokes and cut some turf when he visited a care home.
The comedian was the guest of honour at a turf cutting ceremony held to launch an appeal for the redevelopment of Hall Grange, Shirley Church Road, Shirley.
It is being remodelled to offer 45 en suite rooms and communal facilities, with a separate building of 23 apartments where elderly people can live independently.
This will come as a cost of £4m and MHA, the charity which runs the home, hopes to raise about £500,000 from the Hall Grange appeal.
Watch Corbett's hilarious anecdote about leaving a hotel worse for wear...
MHA’s head of fundraising Les Sudron said: “We hope people will give generously to the Hall Grange appeal and support us in our work to provide the best possible service for older people in the area.”
Call Mr Sudron on 01132 728470 or email Les.Sudron@mha.org.uk for details about the appeal.
- YELL CROY Short-changed Croydon schools to get £278 extra per pupil from Government
- Jail for burglar caught after public tipped off police
- Crystal Palace midfielder opens bookmakers
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- Death crash driver is just as much a victim as grieving family, mother says
Comments are closed on this article.