Emergency services were called after a motorcyclist fell off his bike in Purley this afternoon.
The 35-year-old was conscious and breathing when he was taken to Croydon University Hospital by ambulance.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the patient had suffered minor injuries and headache.
The incident happened on Brighton Road, just off the Purley Cross roundabout, at about 3pm.
Police closed the southbound stretch of the road and it remained closed until 4.20pm.
- NHS workers out on strike again over 'fair pay'
- Eight-year-old schoolgirl donates her pocket money to replace a stolen poppy appeal tin
- HIV testing bus touring Croydon to spread health message
- Council bosses call on the Chancellor to give Croydon more powers
- Man charged over Thornton Heath murder