Emergency services were called after a motorcyclist fell off his bike in Purley this afternoon.
The 35-year-old was conscious and breathing when he was taken to Croydon University Hospital by ambulance.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the patient had suffered minor injuries and headache.
The incident happened on Brighton Road, just off the Purley Cross roundabout, at about 3pm.
Police closed the southbound stretch of the road and it remained closed until 4.20pm.
- Firefighters called to 2am bin fires twice in two weeks
- Woman robbed by men who offered her lift in car
- Take a journey through history of the BBC in theatre show
- London Victoria services delayed due to earlier broken down train
- Pensioner racially abused betting shop worker and hit her with walking stick after she refused to let him use the toilet