Emergency services were called after a motorcyclist fell off his bike in Purley this afternoon.
The 35-year-old was conscious and breathing when he was taken to Croydon University Hospital by ambulance.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the patient had suffered minor injuries and headache.
The incident happened on Brighton Road, just off the Purley Cross roundabout, at about 3pm.
Police closed the southbound stretch of the road and it remained closed until 4.20pm.
- "Epsom would be welcomed into London with open arms", says Sutton and Croydon Assembly Member
- NBA All-star Luol Deng talks about inspiring kids and replacing LeBron James at Miami Heat
- Update: Disruption to train services across South West Trains network after faulty track
- Murder probe after man stabbed to death in Croydon
- Council spends £1,500 on 'Don't Mess with Croydon' t-shirts - and sells just 29