Emergency services were called after a motorcyclist fell off his bike in Purley this afternoon.
The 35-year-old was conscious and breathing when he was taken to Croydon University Hospital by ambulance.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the patient had suffered minor injuries and headache.
The incident happened on Brighton Road, just off the Purley Cross roundabout, at about 3pm.
Police closed the southbound stretch of the road and it remained closed until 4.20pm.
- More strikes planned as talks between Southern and the RMT collapse over future of conductor roles
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- Croydon Central MP Gavin Barwell said to be under investigation by police after claims he broke election spending laws
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- Bank Holiday engineering work to be "least disruptive" of recent years as National Rail warn passengers to check before travel