Emergency services were called after a motorcyclist fell off his bike in Purley this afternoon.
The 35-year-old was conscious and breathing when he was taken to Croydon University Hospital by ambulance.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the patient had suffered minor injuries and headache.
The incident happened on Brighton Road, just off the Purley Cross roundabout, at about 3pm.
Police closed the southbound stretch of the road and it remained closed until 4.20pm.
- Mother lay in the path of speeding train with toddler after 'being denied urgent psychiatric help'
- Police equipped with guns and shields descend on Wallington
- 18 year sentence for paedophile who raped girl over a three year period
- 'Runaway' boy, 10, has been found
- Two brothers charged with stealing from elderly and frail people across Merton, Croydon and Sussex back in court