School pupils got the chance to meet former Premier League star Fabrice Muamba last week.
Students from Oasis Academy in Coulsdon attended a celebration lunch in Birmingham as part of the Oasis National Awards.
Ex-Blue Peter presenter Simon Thomas, who is now at Sky Sports News, was also at the ceremony.
Muamba spoke about his life since he suffered a cardiac arrest during a match against Tottenham Hotspur and the impact it has had along with the amount of support he has received from people around the world.
Year 10 student Conor Warmough won the Academy Sports Award. Other award winners included Mitchell Heyden, Mollie Penfold, Hannah McFall and Masisie Carpenter.
Steve Chalke, founder of Oasis, said: “It's great to give students the opportunity to meet others from Oasis Academies across the country and to hear about all the amazing achievements of our young people.”
- Cyclist killed by car during race in France
- Hundreds of passengers donate to fund for judicial review of Government's handling of Southern rail franchise
- Met police officer and council worker cleared of misusing work computers in dispute over dodgy second-hand car
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch
- 10 tips to protect your home as Met Police launches crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months