Punk Rock opening for Croydon's David Lean Cinema
An independent cinema in Croydon town centre has opened its doors again after three years of closure.
The David Lean Cinema has been shut for the past three years but is open once more after work by the David Lean Cinema Campaign.
On March 27 there was a Croydon premier of Basically Johnny Moped, the story about the town’s lost legend of punk.
Former Moped guitarist Captain Sensible of The Damned, and Johnny Moped opened the cinema with Mayor of Croydon Councillor Yvette Hopley.
Campaign chairman Adrian Winchester said: “We could not have hoped for a more distinctive and memorable launch, with this much-loved cinema presenting an engaging film full of Croydon locations and extraordinary characters.”
The first four screenings all sold out but there are still tickets remaining for The Great Beauty on Thursday April 10.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Killer remains on the run - call 999 if you see Jurius Tarasov
- Passengers urged to plan an alternative route due to London Bridge station rebuild
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Live music to celebrate Wandle Park restoration
- The Great British Busk Off
Comments are closed on this article.