Punk Rock opening for Croydon's David Lean Cinema
An independent cinema in Croydon town centre has opened its doors again after three years of closure.
The David Lean Cinema has been shut for the past three years but is open once more after work by the David Lean Cinema Campaign.
On March 27 there was a Croydon premier of Basically Johnny Moped, the story about the town’s lost legend of punk.
Former Moped guitarist Captain Sensible of The Damned, and Johnny Moped opened the cinema with Mayor of Croydon Councillor Yvette Hopley.
Campaign chairman Adrian Winchester said: “We could not have hoped for a more distinctive and memorable launch, with this much-loved cinema presenting an engaging film full of Croydon locations and extraordinary characters.”
The first four screenings all sold out but there are still tickets remaining for The Great Beauty on Thursday April 10.
For more information email email@example.com.
- Death fall killer Valodia Tarasov has been captured - brother remains on the run
- Two arrested in cannabis raid
- Killers on the run - call 999 if you see Tarasov brothers
- Robber behind bars after 'appalling level of violence' against mum in the street
- Fifty Shades of Grey - watch the trailer
Comments are closed on this article.