Pick up your dog mess, walkers warned by Croydon Council
Croydon Council has launched a new tactic to remind dog walkers to pick up after their pooches.
The council has painted bright yellow pavement stencils with a message saying pick up or pay up.
Stencils have been drawn on 20 known dog-fouling spots as the council increase enforcement patrols.
The council believe dog fouling is a major issue in some parts of the borough along with littering and fly tipping.
Councillor Simon Hoar, cabinet member for community safety and public protection said: “Anyone who owns and walks a dog should always carry a supply of bags with them.
“Those owners who think it’s OK to just walk away after their dog has been to the toilet need to think about the way they are spoiling everyone else’s enjoyment of the area.
“If they get caught they’ll soon feel the pain of a fine and the possibility of an expensive prosecution.”
- HMV to return to Croydon with new store
- Wandle Park among 13 Croydon green spaces named among UK's best
- Surrey train death man was from Coulsdon
- Serious questions raised over killer on the run
- Buses could be back after bridge reopens
Comments are closed on this article.