VIDEO: Youngsters show their adventurous side at woodland open day
Youngsters took a walk on the wild side at a woodland open day on Saturday.
Croydon District Scouting teamed up with the council as they launched a day of activities at Pinewood Scout Camp.
The event aimed to give families and groups a chance to see the site and learn more about Croydon Forest School and Adventure project.
The projects offers sessions to schools and young people’s groups as well as team building workshops and overnight camps.
On Saturday families and groups took part in archery, kayaking, fire lighting and campfire cooking.
Kids playing Crate Stacking
Meike Weiser, the council’s community partnership officer, said: “We’re very excited by this project and are confident that everybody who gets involved, regardless of age, will have a great time and learn enjoyable new skills.
“With the help of Croydon District Scouting we’re able to offer a marvellous range of activities, both on the launch day and in the future, as the project gathers momentum.
“Come along, get involved and see what fun can be had by getting a little closer to nature.”
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archery: Lauren Wrate (10)
Story teller Alan Clark
Kayaking George Graham guiding Aamir Sheikh (5)
- Man jumps to death to escape attackers after being falsely accused of theft
- Croydon facing 'complex' health challenges, top doc says
- Teenagers jailed for knifepoint robbery crime spree
- Coronation Street and The Bill stars team up to promote Marie Curie Cancer Care fundraising walk
- Man injured in six-vehicle smash at notorious Fiveways junction
Comments are closed on this article.