Getting to grips with a tyrannosaurus rex is just a dream for many palaeontologists but in a UK first it is possible in Croydon.
An animatronic version of the dinosaur is at the Whitgift Centre as part of the Kids Dino Dig event which runs until April 19.
After being taught how to dig for fossils children can take part in a lifelike excavation before discovering many more of the prehistoric animals on a tour of the shopping centre.
The centre’s marketing executive Ian Harvey said: "Being the first shopping centre in the UK to host Kids Dino Dig is very exciting for us.
"It’s really important for children to learn and understand about life on earth millions of years ago and it’s great to see the centre go back in time and come to life with these prehistoric animals."
Go to thewhitgiftcroydon.co.uk/dinodig to pre-book a place.
- Ex-Wales star Ian Gough appeals assault conviction against former Miss Wales at Dane Bowers's home
- Murdered student's mother speaks of acquittal shock
- Teenager tried to abduct child from primary school for sexual abuse
- Girl with Down's Syndrome among vulnerable teenagers 'raped by three men'
- Four 14-year-olds arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after double stabbing in Crystal Palace