Shoppers were given a surprise last week as more than 80 pupils performed a flash mob in Croydon town centre.
Students from the Helen O’Grady Drama Academy surprised shoppers in North End with a spontaneous performance of Disney’s Under the Sea.
The event was staged to help raise awareness for an upcoming charity event which features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Ian Brown, Principal of the Helen O’Grady Drama Academy, said: “When we were invited to take part in this flashmob for SEOI it was too exciting an opportunity to pass up.
“The youngsters have had a lot of fun learning the words to the song and we all had a whale of a time performing it last week.
Children need a great deal of confidence to do something like this and our aim within our structured curriculum is to help the students develop this. Doing this just shows how well it works.”
- Bishop of Croydon appointed chair of 'fairness commission'
- Man jailed for child abduction after 'groomed' girl found at his flat
- Croydon Village Outlet evacuated over gas leak fears
- Man grabs woman from behind and drags her along footpath outside Crystal Palace station
- Croydon Village Outlet to be relaunched under new name and ownership