The boyfriend of 20-year-old Paula Newman this morning pleaded not guilty to her murder.
Kane Boyce, 33, of New Addington, is accused killing Miss Newman on November 12 last year.
He appeared at the Old Bailey today after being charged with murder in January.
He will stand trial on June 30.
Miss Newman, of Beckenham, was taken ill at at house in Dunsfold Way, New Addington, on November 11.
She died the next day at Croydon University Hospital, with a post-mortem examination determining head injuries to be the cause of death.
- How well do you know Croydon? Have a go at our tricky picture quiz
- Thornton Heath man to face jail for rape
- Brollies or barbecues? It's the bank holiday weather
- Plans for 100 news homes in Croydon approved
- This is why your Southern and Thameslink trains are delayed this morning