Two time NBA All-Star Luol Deng will be running a basketball camp in Crystal Palace this summer.
The basketball star will be running a three day residential basketball camp which takes place in between August 20 and 22 at the Crystal Palace National Sports Centre.
Deng, who lived in South Norwood, wants to bring through the next generation of basketball stars and will hand pick those who get to attend the event.
He said: ““We have always looked at doing a camp for the most talented kids in the UK and now seems a better time than ever to do it.
“The selected players will take part in a 3-day camp to give them an idea of what the next level is like.
“I’m excited to see the camp go in this direction and I truly believe this will have a huge impact on these players and UK basketball.”
Camp Director Steve Vear said: “I’ve been involved with the DENG Camp since it started in 2005 and it really has grown from strength to strength.
“This year we all felt it was the right direction to take it to a Top 50 camp. This summer is a new direction for us but we feel it’s the right way to maintain and enhance the elite game here.”
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- House damaged in Thornton Heath fire
- Case for Heathrow expansion 'stronger since Brexit' says airports review chief
- Police appeal after man suffers knife wounds in Thornton Heath mugging
- Which of these 10 takeaways should be named the best in south London?