Flytipped rubbish was set on fire behind garages in Addiscombe last night.
Firefighters from Woodside fire station were called to the scene off Bingham Road at about 8.45pm.
They spent about 15 minutes dealing with the 8ft by 6ft flaming pile.
- Thousands of children at schools across south London breathing dangerous toxic air
- Transport Secretary Chris Grayling warns Londoners to think twice about buying diesel cars
- Whose land is it anyway? Anger over 'filthy' fly tipping in conservation area that no one takes responsibility for
- Croydon NHS Trust removed from financial special measures but remains £30 million in the red
- IN PICTURES: Thornton Heath grime star Stormzy's impromptu gig this lunchtime