A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- Matthews Yard at risk of closure with £100k debts
- Three cleared of Danny Gough axe murder
- Closure of Purley Pool postponed
- VIDEO: Train struggles through the flood water which ruined commutes across south London this weekend
- Second woman charged over burglary at elderly dementia sufferer's house