A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- Coulsdon man named as victim of fatal shooting at pool party in Surrey
- David Darko murder: Teenager jailed for minimum of 19 years for fatal stabbing in South Norwood park
- WATCH: Can you spot the crime? Video shows devious bank machine scam sweeping UK
- Trespassing on Croydon's railways doubles as police warn of 'deadly game'
- Ale Mary: Croydon Minster to revive medieval tradition of blessing beer