A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- The Apprentice runner up Bianca Miller vows to continue with tights dream
- Plumbing company fined £90,000 for harassing vulnerable and elderly people
- Tights entrepreneur Bianca Miller loses out in The Apprentice final
- VIDEO: X Factor winner Ben Haenow is Christmas number one
- Croydon girl has starring role in Royal Institution Christmas lectures