A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- Gannett Foundation awards more than £16,000 to south London charities
- Teenager in critical condition after stabbing near shopping centre
- Londoners can now hire naked women to clean their homes
- Olympic sprinter suffers 'career-threatening injuries' in motorbike crash
- Man behind famous Christmas lights switch-on pleads guilty to child porn charge