A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- Crystal Palace boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Fire fighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital
- VIDEO: Hundreds stage emotional protest over critically ill dad's care at Croydon University Hospital
- How do police tackle domestic violence in Croydon where there are at least eight attacks a day?
- Prolific burglars jailed for nationwide supermarket sweep