A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- NHS workers out on strike again over 'fair pay'
- Eight-year-old schoolgirl donates her pocket money to replace a stolen poppy appeal tin
- HIV testing bus touring Croydon to spread health message
- Council bosses call on the Chancellor to give Croydon more powers
- Man charged over Thornton Heath murder