A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- Gang member who kidnapped men from homes and tortured them jailed for 20 years
- Croydon Council needs Kenley homeowners help with flooding survey
- Train strike back ON - dates set for two Network Rail walkouts after pay offer rejected
- Appeal to find Croydon schoolboy missing for a week
- Croydon 'on the edge of something very exciting happening'