A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- Man wanted in connection to sexual assault
- Award nomination for mother of teen murdered outside Streatham ice rink
- West Croydon bus station to close until 2016 during refurbishment
- 'Caring and friendly' Croydon teenager dies hours after supporting friend over father's death
- Hollywood A-listers arrive in Croydon to begin shooting blockbuster thriller