A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- Council to axe 500 jobs amid £93m funding shortfall
- Teenager to release single to raise money for ecstasy death friend's charity
- Kevin Costner and Tommy Lee Jones among A-listers to film Hollywood blockbuster at Croydon College
- Man wanted in connection with sexual assault
- Bloody knife discovery leads to double arrest