A motorist had to be taken to hospital last night after his car collided with a tram in Croydon.
The man, who is in his 50s, suffered back and leg pain in the accident which happened in Addiscombe Road just before 7pm.
Staff from the nearby East Croydon Medical Centre came out to help treat the casualty before emergency services arrived.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a duty officer to the scene and took the man to Croydon University Hospital.
No-one else needed hospital treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- Lower Addiscombe Road closed off, due to crash between quad bike and car
- This former Croydon school-girl has set her sights on the BAFTAs after bagging Game of Thrones actor for her film
- 'We are doing all we can to protect Croydon' say police and council leader
- Terror alert raised to critical after Manchester terror attack
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing