Croydon care home to feature in BBC investigation into care for the elderly
A Croydon care home will feature on BBC’s Panorama this evening as they investigate care for the elderly.
The programme is set to include footage from inside the Oban House care home in South Croydon.
It shows 98-year-old Yvonne Grant, who died in January last year, crying out for help more than 320 times in just one hour.
The footage was taken after her granddaughter Vanessa Evans placed a hidden camera in the room.
The video also shows Ms Grant asking 45 times to be taken to the toilet over a two and a half hour period.
The Panorama investigation is looking into abuse at care homes and features footage from a different care home in Essex where staff were seen slapping a resident.
Panorama: Behind Closed Doors: Elderly Care Exposed, BBC One, 9pm, Wednesday April 30.
- Council criticised for failing to take action at danger junction
- Acclaimed playwright to bring Daniel Spargo-Mabbs's death to stage in play performed by former schoolmates
- One Direction boys perform at primary school - sort of
- Short-changed Croydon schools to get £278 extra per pupil from Government
- Jail for burglar caught after public tipped off police
Comments are closed on this article.