The daughters of a father-of-three stabbed to death in South Croydon have remembered him as "funny, clever, caring and the most loving person you could ever meet."
Andrew Else, 52, was stabbed multiple times in Selsdon Park Road on Thursday evening just metres from his home in Woodpecker Mount, Pixton Way.
Police have said Mr Else has now been formally identified.
They today released a statement on behalf of Andrew Else’s daughters.
They said: "If you weren't lucky enough to know our dad, he was funny, clever, caring and the most loving person you could ever meet.
"He always put everybody else before him, and would have done anything for anyone, family or not.
"We want to do this just so people know the truth and have heard it from us. All we can do now is fight for justice and that is what we will do."
A 23-year-old man has been charged with Mr Else's murder.
Ephraim Norman, 23, of Thornton Heath, appeared in custody at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, April 29.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey for a Plea and Case Management Hearing (PCMH) on August 1 with a trial scheduled for October 6.
- 'Help us bring Christmas to hospital for heart-op Danny'
- VIDEO: Winston McKenzie compares Ukip leader Nigel Farage to Jesus
- Man, 26, charged with grievous bodily harm after 'triple attack' in Waddon
- Police officers chase and catch 'knife-man' as he flees dock
- PICTURES: Police officers cook Christmas dinner for 53 elderly retirement flat residents