A sizzling takeaway is celebrating being named the best in Croydon - and among the tastiest in the country.
Fry Station, in Mitcham Road, West Thornton, topped a list based on the ratings of customers across the UK.
The eaterie, which serves up fish, chips and chicken, was ranked sixth in the country by takeaway ordering website Hungryhouse and was the highest rated in the borough.
Stuart Mok, who runs Fry Station with his dad Sing, quit his office job to launch the business two years ago having picked up tricks of the trade from his foodie parents.
The 37-year-old, of Waddon, put the triumph down to fresh ingredients and hard work.
He said: "It's really long hours in this kind of work so it's a bit of a pat on the back. I'm really pleased - a bit surprised, but happy.
"We put a lot of effort into the choosing of the food and also the packaging. All the food is made to order as well, so it's fresh.
"I worked in an office before but my parents were in catering so I sort of learned about food through them."
Hungryhouse's rankings were compiled using an algorithm based on customer reviews and ratings, returning customer numbers and the frequency of declined orders.
Japanese takeaway Edo, in Westow Hill, Crystal Palace, was named one of south-east London's best.
What is your favourite takeaway in Croydon? Post a comment below.
- Doctors can withdraw life-sustaining treatment from 24-year-old dad in coma, judge rules
- 'Racist' police sergeant ignored murder 700m away 'because she didn't know where it was'
- Bell End and Brown Willy named UK's rudest place names - but does anywhere here make the top 10?
- VIDEO: Croydon ‘gap yah’ comedian explores the brutal world of job hunting
- Eddie Izzard 'suffered homophobic abuse' from fellow Crystal Palace fan at FA Cup final