London’s fastest growing tech hub will be coming under scrutiny next month.
A summit to be held at Croydon College will discuss the growth of Croydon Tech City since it began nearly 18 months ago.
Croydon is home to more than 1,000 digital, creative and software companies making it the second biggest cluster of tech businesses outside central London.
Confirmed speakers include Deputy Mayor for Business and Enterprise Kit Malthouse who will be opening the event, Rupert Whitehead from Google, TechCity UK’s Juliette Morgan and Julian Blake editor of TechCity Insider.
Jonny Rose, co-founder of Croydon Tech City, said: “In little under 16 months, Croydon Tech City has grown from an idea to an internationally-recognised, 1,000-strong movement of tech founders, venture capitalists, creatives and software developers all of whom are united under the vision of becoming the ‘Silicon Valley of south London’.
“As London’s fastest growing tech cluster, it is wholly appropriate to hold the first borough-wide summit to discuss the local and national implications of Croydon’s burgeoning, digital, creative and technical industries.”
Croydon Tech City Summit, June 6, Croydon College, £114 (early bird price), visit participant.co.uk/croydontechcity to book.
- 'Robocop' killer to fight murder conviction after Court of Appeal rules witness was unreliable
- VIDEO: Who's most likely to get rescued when their car breaks down - men or women?
- Increased migration putting pressure on Croydon health services, warns NHS report
- Local dancer and Brit School pupil voted out of Britain's Got Talent semi-final
- EXPLAINED: Not got a fracking clue? We've extracted everything you need to know