London’s fastest growing tech hub will be coming under scrutiny next month.
A summit to be held at Croydon College will discuss the growth of Croydon Tech City since it began nearly 18 months ago.
Croydon is home to more than 1,000 digital, creative and software companies making it the second biggest cluster of tech businesses outside central London.
Confirmed speakers include Deputy Mayor for Business and Enterprise Kit Malthouse who will be opening the event, Rupert Whitehead from Google, TechCity UK’s Juliette Morgan and Julian Blake editor of TechCity Insider.
Jonny Rose, co-founder of Croydon Tech City, said: “In little under 16 months, Croydon Tech City has grown from an idea to an internationally-recognised, 1,000-strong movement of tech founders, venture capitalists, creatives and software developers all of whom are united under the vision of becoming the ‘Silicon Valley of south London’.
“As London’s fastest growing tech cluster, it is wholly appropriate to hold the first borough-wide summit to discuss the local and national implications of Croydon’s burgeoning, digital, creative and technical industries.”
Croydon Tech City Summit, June 6, Croydon College, £114 (early bird price), visit participant.co.uk/croydontechcity to book.
- Cyclist rushed to hospital after crash
- Man knocked unconscious in 'assault on security guard' in Croydon town centre
- 'Fake Sheikh' reporter wanted to be 'swashbuckling hero' in Tulisa trial, court hears
- 'They think we are terrorists, they think we are evil': How the Turkish military coup changed the lives of a Croydon community
- New Addington man behind famous Christmas lights accused of further child sex offences and pornography charges