A driver had to be cut out of his car after a crash in Coulsdon this morning.
The man sustained neck and back injuries in the collision between his Ford Focus and a Vauxhall Zafira minicab in Woodplace Lane.
Emergency services were called to the scene at about 5.30am and firefighters spent about an hour cutting off the roof and a door to get him out.
He was taken to Croydon University Hospital by ambulance and his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
The driver of the car managed to get himself out and did not need to be taken to hospital.
- Thousands of children at schools across south London breathing dangerous toxic air
- Transport Secretary Chris Grayling warns Londoners to think twice about buying diesel cars
- Whose land is it anyway? Anger over 'filthy' fly tipping in conservation area that no one takes responsibility for
- Croydon NHS Trust removed from financial special measures but remains £30 million in the red
- IN PICTURES: Thornton Heath grime star Stormzy's impromptu gig this lunchtime