A driver had to be cut out of his car after a crash in Coulsdon this morning.
The man sustained neck and back injuries in the collision between his Ford Focus and a Vauxhall Zafira minicab in Woodplace Lane.
Emergency services were called to the scene at about 5.30am and firefighters spent about an hour cutting off the roof and a door to get him out.
He was taken to Croydon University Hospital by ambulance and his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
The driver of the car managed to get himself out and did not need to be taken to hospital.
- Tiny Yorkshire Terrier mauled to death by 'out of control' Staffie
- Pop star Dane Bowers appears in court accused of assaulting former Miss Wales at Croydon home
- Celebrate FA Cup final day at Crystal Palace FC's beer festival
- Patient undergoes life-saving brain surgery - then is killed by hospital neglect
- Croydon shows investors its vision for the future