Two trapped after fire breaks out in downstairs flat in Whitworth Road, South Norwood
Two people had to be rescued after becoming trapped by a fire in the flat below them in South Norwood last night.
The residents of the ground floor flat in Whitworth Road managed to get themselves out of the building when the blaze started at about 9.30pm.
But the people in the first and second floor flats had to be given fire survival advice by the London Fire Brigade’s control centre before firefighters arrived.
They were then led to safety by crews wearing breathing apparatus.
Both people, a man and a woman in their 40s, were checked over by London Ambulance Service staff but did not need to be taken to hospital.
Crews from Woodside, Norbury and Croydon fire stations were at the scene until about midnight.
The fire, which started in a bedroom on the bottom floor, is under investigation.
- Restaurant guru takes taste of Croydon's world food market
- Serial burglar finally snared after six year police hunt including BBC Crimewatch appearance
- Cat suffers serious injuries after being THROWN from fifth-floor window
- Muslim group refuse to be deterred by BNP campaign against new mosque
- Moody resigns over misconduct allegations after Crystal Palace pull out of Mackay appointment
Comments are closed on this article.