Two trapped after fire breaks out in downstairs flat in Whitworth Road, South Norwood
Two people had to be rescued after becoming trapped by a fire in the flat below them in South Norwood last night.
The residents of the ground floor flat in Whitworth Road managed to get themselves out of the building when the blaze started at about 9.30pm.
But the people in the first and second floor flats had to be given fire survival advice by the London Fire Brigade’s control centre before firefighters arrived.
They were then led to safety by crews wearing breathing apparatus.
Both people, a man and a woman in their 40s, were checked over by London Ambulance Service staff but did not need to be taken to hospital.
Crews from Woodside, Norbury and Croydon fire stations were at the scene until about midnight.
The fire, which started in a bedroom on the bottom floor, is under investigation.
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- Motorbiker in hospital after crash near hospital
- Married couple jailed for £188,000 benefit scam
- Killer remains on the run - call 999 if you see Jurius Tarasov
- Passengers urged to plan an alternative route due to London Bridge station rebuild
Comments are closed on this article.