Two teenage robbers who threatened their victims at knifepoint have been jailed for a total of 14 years.

Terrick Thompson, of Hythe Road, Thornton Heath, was sentenced to eight years and Curtis Mcpherson, from West Norwood, has been jailed for six years.

The pair’s crime spree started on January 16 in the Streatham Hill area when they stole a 39-year-old man’s wallet and phone after holding a kitchen knife to his torso.

They returned to the Streatham Hill station area three days later and stole a 33-year-old man’s wallet and bank cards.

During the robbery at about 11pm, January 19, the victim was threatened with a knife, and he needed stitches after being stabbed in the leg.

About an hour later the two 18-year-olds threatened a 24-year-old man with knives and stole his phone and Oyster card.

And 20 minutes after this robbery they stole wallets and phones from two 21-year-old men after threatening them with knives.

Thompson was arrested in Thornton Heath on January 22 and Mcpherson was arrested on the same day at a house in New Addington.

During the police raid to arrest Mcpherson armed officers were called in when the Met’s specialist dog unit was unable to safely restrain a dog which was in the house.

The officers shot the dog, one-year-old Blaze, dead.

Both teenagers were charged with five counts of robbery and four counts of possession of an offensive weapon in relation to the Streatham Hill offences.

They were also charged with one count of aggravated burglary in connection with an incident in Norhyrst Avenue, South Norwood.

The teenagers pleaded guilty at the Inner London Crown Court to the robbery and offensive weapon charges and the charge of aggravated burglary was dismissed.

And they were sentenced at the same court yesterday.

Investigating officer Detective Constable Rob Smith said: "The evidence against Thompson and Mcpherson was so comprehensive that they had little choice but to plead guilty at court.

"From our CCTV enquiries we saw them following their victims from Streatham Hill and at nearby cash machines using their victims' bank cards.

"This was a fantastic team effort, with my colleagues helping to gather such an overwhelming amount of evidence against the two offenders, which means two dangerous robbers will now be off the streets of south London for a considerable time."