A Thornton Heath man has been charged with a series of shop burglaries across south-east London and Kent.
Michael Chambers, 30, formerly of Grange Park Road was arrested on Tuesday (February 14) and later charged with the burglaries in large quantities of cigaretes were reportedly stolen.
The burglaries are reported to have taken place between November 6 and 26 last year.
He was charged with:
- Burglary of a shop in Hever Road, West Kingsdown, on November 16.
- Burglary of a shop in Pound Road, East Peckham, on November 26.
- Burglary of a shop in Chastilian Road, Dartford, on November 18.
- Burglary of a shop in Station Approach, Borough Green, on November 24.
- Burglary of a shop in The Row, New Ash Green, on November 6.
- Burglary of a shop in Wilsley Pound, Sissinghurst, on November 26.
- Burglary of a shop in Istead Rise, Gravesend, on November 15.
- The attempted burglary of a shop in Hever Road, West Kingsdown, between November 15 and 16.
- He has been remanded in custody to appear in court at a date which is to be determined.