Sutton plumber cleared of causing boiler death
3:50pm Thursday 28th June 2012 in News
A plumber accused of causing the death of a woman by failing to notice a poorly installed gas boiler in her flat, has been found not guilty of manslaughter.
Elouise Littlewood, 26, was found dead in her bathroom in a new build development in Bedfont on February 27 2008.
A post mortem examination found she had been killed by dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in her system, which had led to a fatal lack of oxygen in her blood.
Her friend and lodger, Simon Kilby, 32, was found collapsed in the living room, also suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
He survived but was badly brain damaged and remains in a permanent, non-responsive state.
Mr Williamson of Chaucer Gardens, Sutton, was responsible for checking the boilers, installed by Malden Plumbing and Heating, of Croydon, at the housing development.
The 54-year-old was also found not guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm on Mr Kilby and failing to properly check the boiler flue under health and safety law.
Malden Plumbing and Heating were also cleared of all charges.
Comments are closed on this article.