Croydon Village Outlet store opens today at former Allders store site
A number of businesses are excited to be back in Croydon’s historic Allders department store building this week even if it is under a new guise.
The Croydon Village Outlet store opens today with more than 70 security guards being deployed throughout the weekend to deal with the expected big crowds.
But beyond a host of designer names, a number of smaller concessions are setting up in the new store, including survivors from when Allders closed last year.
Monique Rebeiro who runs Hatz, which sells bespoke headgear, said she was delighted to be returning to the town centre again after the disappointment of leaving Allders.
She said other concessions have gone back to the store as well as local businesses who are moving to the town centre for the first time.
She said: "We have also been to re-employ to members of staff as well as one more new one and someone on an apprenticeship. This is positive for Croydon."
The store is being officially opened on Thursday at 1pm.
Harry Derbidge from The Only Way is Essex will be opening the store as well as his own fashion section inside.
- Man pleads guilty to flashing at schoolgirl on West Croydon train
- Croydon players suspended over football match fixing allegations
- Interview: Rough Copy warn fans they are not safe ahead of semi-final showdown
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
- VIDEO: Palace fans 'hurled glasses at Brighton rivals' in mass brawl, court hears
Comments are closed on this article.