Fire crews called to Croydon kitchen fire
8:38am Monday 9th July 2012 in Local news
A man has been taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after leaving his cooking unattended.
Fire crews from Norbury and Woodside were called to a property on Whitworth Road, Thornton Heath to reports of a fire at 8.35pm on Sunday.
The man had extinguished the fire, but the kitchen suffered a large amount of smoke damage and the man was taken to hospital.
Fire officers installed a smoke alarm for free after discovering no fire safety equipment in the property.