Crystal Palace technical coach David Kemp has said the club is still in the process of bringing in more names – in particular a striker.
Palace have so far secured the services of keeper Wayne Hennessey from Wolves on a three-and-a-half year deal, as well as making Jason Puncheon’s loan move a permanent contract until 2018.
However, while Kemp would not be drawn on the club’s other targets, rumours surround Joe Ledley, Lee Chung-Yong and now Leon Best.
Kemp said: “We’re delighted with the deals we have done so far. We are trying for more, but we don’t know if they will happen yet.
“Football on this day is a funny business and there is a lot going on, but it is the same for every club, we’re no different.
“We’re all trying to deal with this, that and the other, and maybe we’ll bring in two or three more, maybe one, maybe none.
“Leon Best is a name that has been mentioned but he is not close. A striker is a target, but we have to wait and see.”
He added: “But we also have to focus on the Arsenal game on Sunday, so to have all this going on until 11 o’clock tonight is all very strange.”
- Exclusive: X Factor star in 80s car wash action
- Add a Banksy or a Damien Hirst artwork to your shopping list when gallery opens for business
- VIDEO: 'Slippery tracks' disrupt trains across south London in aftermath of Hurricane Gonzalo
- Hurricane Gonzalo not expected to devastate south London and Surrey
- Film festival organisers promise this year will be best ever