Palace fan arrested in connection with Wayne Rooney coin throwing at Manchester United game at Selhurst Park
A man has been arrested in connection with coin throwing during Crystal Palace’s game against Manchester United on Saturday.
Coins and a small bottle were thrown onto the pitch as United striker Wayne Rooney went to take a corner next to the Holmesdale Stand.
A Met Police spokesman said one man has been arrested on suspicion of throwing an object onto the field of play. He was taken to a south London police station.
The spokesman said: “We continue to liaise with club officials and the referee over allegations of coin throwing at the match.
“We will continue to make further enquiries over the coming days.”
The Football Association are also investigating the matter.
- Crystal Palace midfielder opens bookmakers
- Death crash driver is just as much a victim as grieving family, mother says
- Peaceful protest as £85,000 library fight continues
- Stolen moped returned to owner within the hour
- Fifth man charged with Downham murder of Afyon Saint-Hilaire
Comments are closed on this article.