Carshalton boxer Ricky Boylan has vacated his Southern Area title for a shot at a WBC crown.
The 25-year-old is back in the ring on May 21 as he continues his steep learning curve with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing.
Light welterweight Boylan was due to face Fergus Taylor, until the unbeaten Lincoln man sustained a cut in a bout last week, and then Welshman Adam Goldsmith, but he has pulled out.
Whoever he faces, it will be Boylan’s first pro bout outside London’s immediate environs as the contest is to take place in Leeds.
Boylan said: “Being in Leeds takes me out of my comfort zone, but Eddie said it is what I need.
“Fighting on the road actually brings less pressure because you don’t have to worry about sorting out tickets and you can concentrate on the training.”
He added: “I was not keen on vacating the Southern Area title as I had worked so hard to win it, and it has been in the Carshalton area for quite a while.
“But boxing is a business and Eddie says we have got to do what is best for me.
“Now I’ll have two or three more learning fights before going for a WBC title.”
Boylan’s vacated belt will be fought over between John Hibbert and Joe Hughes in July.